Friday 7 December 2012

Ballet & Me, 1969

Here I stand, nervous, before my first ballet exam. My ballet teacher, Mignon Furman, on the right, was superb. She was my only teacher, from Grade 1 all the way through Solo Seal (Royal Academy method). She took me overseas when I was 14 & 15, giving me the chance to train with other teachers in London, Paris, Monaco, Cannes, Tel Aviv...she was an incredible connector. By giving me the opportunity to see other dancers, both professional & non professional, I learnt so much & was able to implement technique that not many of my age were able to do. It gave me a tremendous head start & I'm so grateful for what Mignon did for me. I thanked her for all this over lunch in New York in 2006 ~ I'm so glad I did that....sometimes we forget to say thanks. May she rest in peace.

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home