Saturday 20 July 2013

Tasty things & pretty flowers at the Old Biscuit Mill in Cape Town...

Saturday morning is Biscuit Mill time for many a Capetonian. A leisurely traipse down the aisles of the Neighbourgoods market reveals all sorts of deliciousness & temptations...these are a few of my favourite things. (didn't a certain Miss Julie Andrews say that? Hashtag Sound of Music) ....
I begin traditionally with eggs Benedict.. I'd love to know just how many eggs Luke Dale-Roberts goes through on any given Saturday...
A French baguette s'il vous plait, for my broccoli & pear soup (that I'll make my very own self)...
Koeksusters, a plaited pastry, a Cape Town/ South African tradition...
I faint for this pistachio fudge...plus plus plus...
Bottles of superior port...
The Creamery does it best..salted caramel & peanut butter flavours & then something new & oh so more-ish, naartjie (a South African citrus fruit) & choc chip, mixed together...words cannot describe it...
Exquisite lilies & more...fresh fleurs always make my heart sing...
Vintage wheels spied in the parking lot...
And the view going up Roodebloem Road, en route home...have a lovely weekend People from Near & Afar....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home