Friday 11 April 2014

I like to ride my bicycle...

The bicycle. It's made a comeback. All types, for all people, big and small. I blame my sis-in-law for getting me into this when she invited me to come for a ride one morning this past February. I was hooked immediately and pretty soon afterwards found myself shopping for bikes - I ended up with a stylish Simple 7 from The Handle Bar in Sea Point and now you'll find me cycling most mornings along the seaside promenades, around the Green Point stadium and through the urban park. With a silly smile on my face. It really is the most liberating thing I've done in forever. Nothing really beats excercising outdoors (a lot of the time I just cruise on my simple 7, I won't lie) and the promenade takes me through prime parts of my city - from Bantry Bay all the way to Mouille Point. Not much can beat that. If you don't own your own two wheeler, hire one from the guys next to the Pavilion...and try get a cycle in early - it's best when there are few people...

The pics were all taken on an early morning ride this week...

There's my Simple 7...



Sea Point side...



Milton Pool-I spent tons of time there as a child...










Granger Bay...



The Mouille Point Light House...



 The Green Point Urban Park, looking out over the golf course and with the Stadium in the background...




Lions Head and Signal Hill...from the Urban Park...



A stop to say hi to the police horses stabled in Mouille Point...




Next up is Moonlight Mass on the 15th April...anyone coming?





Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10 July 2014 at 11:52 , Blogger Unknown said...

I truly enjoy looking through on this web site , it holds superb content .

best bicycle sites

 
At 10 July 2014 at 15:50 , Blogger Allison Foat said...

thanks very much - appreciate it- I'm trying to write stuff that has meaning and really explains where I am and what it's like :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home