Monday 27 August 2012

Stargaze 2012

I had a ball last night taking pics backstage at Dance for All's annual Stargaze Gala, a charity benefit held at the Artscape Theatre. About 70 dancers, from age 4 upwards, took part in an amazing performance that included ballet, hip hop, contemporary, Pantsula & more. Guest artists joined from other top dance organizations like La Rosa, Cape Academy of Performing Arts & the UCT School of Dance. Opera singer James Bhemgee- discovered as a street sweeper- completed the line up.

I've known the CEO of DFA, Philip Boyd, since I was 12... his wife, the late great Prima Ballerina Assoluta was my mentor~she had a huge influence on me & taught me my stagecraft. I have represented DFA as their publicist for about 6 years ~

 

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home