Sunday 30 December 2012

Adelaide Tambo

This pic was taken in Johannesburg in about 2004, with the late Adelaide Tambo, wife to the late Oliver Tambo, the great ANC leader who once ran a legal firm with Nelson Mandela. I was having tea with her at her home in Houghton. At the time she was the Honorary Patron of Cape Town City Ballet where I was Marketing Director, and I was in touch with her a lot when it came to arranging her tickets to ballet performances at Artscape. When in Cape Town, Adelaide stayed in Sea Point, as did I. She used to call me one of her 'daughters' and sometimes would call me to ask me to get her some cheesecake from the New York Bagels....they do a smashing one there by the way.

 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home