Saturday 19 January 2013

Scenes from Darling & Plein Streets, Cape Town

I had to wait for Luke to do something in town ~ instead of hanging in my car, I went walkabout & saw some amazing buildings up close...I haven't set foot in this part of town for years & I can tell you, some of the architecture is stunning- a lot of Art Deco (Old Mutual building, Muller's optometrist). People from Afar, when you next visit, go and have a look-see: Darling Street, where it intersects with Plein Street. You can actually do a walk from Wale Street, down Plein and into Darling & see all the loveliness as you go. Instagram heaven! Another reason to come to Cape Town!

Above: Kerk Plein

Above: Plein Street

Above: Plein Street, cobbles & all...

And the beautiful Old Mutual building, in all it's marble magnificence...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home