Saturday 6 April 2013

Softly styling in Bangkok...

I've seen so many beautifully styled women in Bangkok. The thing that has struck me most is the return to the softer fabrics ...chiffons & voiles that drape softly & move amazingly. The ladies are dressing up it seems...dresses, blouses, skirts, scarves, loose jackets & more. I'm not talking about well heeled women necessarily, those who only wear fine flouncy silks & designer threads from Versace or Vuitton. No, these striking fashionistas are ladies I've spotted hopping onto the back of mopeds, climbing in & out of buses & trains, catching cabs & Tuk Tuks, or walking into the mini mart....regular people making an effort to pretty it up. It's almost as if they've taken inspiration from little girls' clothes, a nostalgic return to their childhoods maybe? Often prints often have puppies or kittens & delicate embroideries on them, with gorgeous detail on collars & cuffs. And with the bows & flower clips in their hair as added accessories, it all combines to create a uniquely feminine look. I love it. I'm inspired. I'm following suit & now own several vintage blouses collected along my Bangkok travels. Have a squizz at the pics & go shopping....

Butterflies & pretty prints...

Collar detail & pearl buttons...

Return to retro...

Fab jeggings & sandals...

Gorgeous woman...super stylish with beautiful accessories...

Lovely neckline detail...

Chic & fabulous....I am so inspired by the ladies of BKK!

 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home