Saturday 8 February 2014

Sweetness exalted...

A brave decision by moi to attempt 7 days of detox this past week, rapidly downgraded into a 'no sugar' commitment, partly because I have no willpower with diets and mostly because I just hated the food on the detox menu - stuff like tofu, egg white and quinoa.....bleh, I just couldn't. So I did the next best thing, I snubbed le sucre for 5 whole days. That's a big deal for me, bearing in mind that I heart sweet things in a very big way. Yesterday I was at the Neighbourgoods Market at the Biscuit Mill in Woodstock (Cape Town) and in honour of my recent and short-lived sugary abstinence I photographed a repertoire of sweet things, some good for you, some not so much, all divine. Sugar rush images follow....the very bad and the very good - whichever way you prefer to see it. 


 We begin with the evil cupcake. My best.


Fancy tarts made by that guy who also makes those deliciously decadent Belgian waffles...


 The most amaze fudge, my favourite flavour too...


 Almond Croissants...


 Cake pops...this sugar comes cheap a R5 a pop (pardon that pun)...


 Happy face gingerbread men (I'm thinking of that GBM in Shrek right now)...


 Meringues with chocolate...


 The Creamery....they say this is the finest ice cream in Cape Town...


 Churros like none other...these can also be found at the Oranjezicht City Farm fyi...


 Macarons...


 Lemon meringue tartlets...suger presented in one of its most overpowering forms...


 Choc tarts with pears, only half evil...


And the good guys... honey ...


Raspberries and gooseberries, all that natural sucrose ...


Lemon, honey and ginger juice, made by On The Menu...


And cheesecake, because there's cheese in it (ha ha)!


See you soon at the fabulous Neighbourgoods Market, situated at the Old Buscuit Mill, 373 Albert Road in Woodstock...every Saturday from 09h until 14h00, come rain or shine as they say. http://www.neighbourgoodsmarket.co.za/cape-town

All pics copyright DIVA PR / shot on a Canon 600D w/50mm lens @AllisonFoat on Twitter and Instagram*



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1 March 2014 at 13:19 , Blogger Web Developing Services said...

All the food products and items are really good.
Website Design Companies | Web Design Company

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home