Monday 30 June 2014

Coffee & a vibe at The House of Machines, Cape Town...


Sunday morning coffee yesterday was at The House of Machines. Smoothly brewed Evil Twin and toast heaped with avo. Followed by a smoothie, and a muffin and a bite of my brother's breakfast. Don't judge me, I was hungry.
HoM is one of my best places in the Mother City - it has an amazing vibe and  I always get a great  welcome, every time - that sort of consistency goes a long way for me. During the week I'm there often - it's my escape-the-office destination. Easy access via parking across at Heritage Square is a big plus, and it's situated in one of the best parts of the CBD, just off Bree Street, Cape Town's most happening thoroughfare, hugely popular with locals and tourists.
HoM is many things rolled into one. There's the bikes: the team sources (in the US), fabricates and assists in building unique bikes from the ground up; THoM Workwear, with shirts designed by the inimitable Paul van der Spuy; branded T-shirts, hoodies and other top end accessories and product; and the Prohibition Bar with live music & DJ's, Thursdays to Saturdays. And very importantly, the coffee is excellent- some say it's the best in the city. 
So if you're on the tip of Africa or reading this from Afar, make a turn at the House when next in our hood. (Visit www.TheHouseofMachines.com for all details). 



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home