Sunday 2 June 2013

A longtable lunch, with DISH Food & Social

What a divine lunch was had last week at DISH Food & Social's HQ in Observatory, Cape Town. DISH caterers & event planners are special to me...I first met owner Andrea Foulkes when she was the chef at the Vaudeville Supper Club where I was PR in 2010/2011; then at Theatre on the Bay in Camps Bay when I launched her Side Dish main & foyer restaurants & at various Fleur du Cap Theatre Awards, SA's most prestigious red carpet theatre awards event, where she regularly does the superb catering & I do the PR. Lunch on Thursday was marvellous, the first of many such foodie events I believe... what a treat..good food, good wine & good company, the best combination always.

The table is laid...
A starter of scallops in turnip purée with braised fennel...
After the delicious mains, either poached beef fillet in red wine with a masala jus, or red roman with anchovy risotto, we rounded off with a divine dessert of honeycomb tart with milk sorbet & amarula jelly cubes. Thank you Andrea & Team for inviting me *
By the way, this below is another of Andrea's amazing offerings, every Tuesday in winter, Dinner for 4... for details about that & more about DISH Food & Social, visit www.dishfood.co.za

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home