Saturday 21 December 2013

Coffee, amazing tables and chairs, and a ginger cat...

100 Islands Coffee Bar on Baan Tai road (opposite the high school), is another gem of a place on Koh Phangan. It's known for its coffee, which Lateral Paul doesn't rate too highly, but again that's not what I really cared about. I'm more interested in the amazing chairs and tables that pop up without fail at the restaurants and coffee shops I have visited on KP (and Koh Samui). It's the way that the Thai owners put it all together that I love...an amazing retro chair here, a kitsch table or wall ornament there, a hand-painted wall mural, a fake shrub rubber mat...it's uncontrived and it works. 
100 Islands is set a little back from the road, shaded by a big tree. We sat on the verandah, and I noticed the inside and another outside area looking just as inviting. This morning we had straightforward poached eggs, bacon, coffee and English Breakfast tea - I hear the cakes and waffles are too fab so we'll be back for those. Oh and the little green-eyed ginger cat that ambled past was a bonus. 




Those chairs, that table, want...


Table prettiness...


Also love those white chairs...


Cappuccino ..I must mention that the teaspoons are very pretty too...


Wrought iron table edges...and fake shrub mats in the background...


Poached eggs with runny yolks, yes please...


A ginger to make me happy and remind me of my 2 cat children back home...


Lilies on the verandah...


Ceramic flowers pressed into the grey screened floor...love it...


Spot the cakes...


See you for more coffee soon..

100 Islands is open from 08h30-20h00 Monday to Saturday and closing at 17h on Sundays. https://www.facebook.com/pages/100-Islands-Coffee-Bar/267311006613945

Pics shot by Me on a Canon 600D, 50mm lens.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home