Thursday 12 December 2013

Great coffee & stylish decor, Bangkok...


Bangkok consumes me. The heat, smells, noise, traffic, people. It's in your face and I love it. This is my second visit in a year, my first over December which is apparently winter. Really? I'll take it...

Having Lateral Paul in BK is always a bonus. He usually gets here a few days before we do, for bluecollarwhitecollar business (sourcing beautiful shirt fabrics, buttons etc) and without fail, leads us to amaze coffee shops, vintage stores, restaurants. 

Boyy is a stylish eatery in upmarket Thong Lor (Soi 13) that serves great coffee, the best I've experienced so far in this city. I mean we all know that Lateral Paul is a coffee snob and he was in caffeine heaven. The  food, influenced by the owners' time spent in NYC and Italy, is excellent-try the shrimp and avo salad and thank me later. 

Boyy trades 7 days a week from 07:30 until late. Here are a few mood pics...



Great outdoors area...


Try the shrimp and avo salad...wine is costly FYI - at Boyy, 250B a glass (SA'Africans, divide that by 3 and faint)...



Pasta...take a break from trad Thai food...




One of my fave Fleurs...




Croissants...the pain au chocolate is a delish choice with a cup of coffee ...


A beautiful interior...



Take the BTS to Thong Lor to get there. It's quite a walk from the station so hail a cab..it'll only cost about 30B.. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home